Sunday, July 26, 2026

Who is Watching the Netflix Adaptation of Little House on the Prairie?

 


Photo credit: Netflix

How many of you have tuned into Netflix to watch the first season of their Little House on the Prairie adaptation? Want to share any thoughts? I am four episodes into the new show. In case any of you haven't watched it yet, I won't share many spoilers. 

Aspects I like:
  • Great acting
  • We see more of the town of Independence, Kansas
  • Dr. Tann is a recurring character
  • How they reimagined the crossing of the river and losing Jack and then him returning scenes 
  • That there is more dedicated focus on the realities of living out West than the original show depicted
Struggling with:
  • How self-centered and mean Mary can be
  • Some of the dream sequences
  • Making it seem like there was a different motivation for Charles and Caroline to leave the Big Woods
  • Getting used to the new Charles 
  • How naive Caroline is about certain people
With four more episodes to go in the first season, I look forward to discussing this new adaptation with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment