Thursday, June 10, 2010

Survey Results and New Laura Ingalls Wilder Project



Very interesting survey results this month. We were talking about Melissa (Sue) Anderson's new book, The Way I See It: A Look Back at My Life on Little House.

I asked if you had read this autobiography. Surprisingly, most of those who voted didn't even know she had written a book. The two Melissas and Alison Arngrim writing books has been such the topic of conversation in our LHOP circles that I figured everyone must have heard about it by now. Silly me!

Most of the people who read the book said they loved it, but some didn't care for it. Others don't have plans to buy it. A couple of readers had the book on order when they voted.

This is certainly the year for Little House fans. The shipping date for Alison's book is listed on my order as June 21st, but I am hoping it will ship early. Out of the three, this is the one I wanted to read most.

Just in case you didn't know, Dean Butler has completed his Laura Ingalls Wilder documentary through the Legacy Documentaries brand of his production company, Peak Moore Enterprises, Inc. Some of my online chums met up with Dean this past weekend in Sioux Falls, SD, where he showed this documentary. They gave it two thumbs up! We'll keep you posted when we hear anything new on this.

My friends also got a chance to see Little House on the Prairie: The Musical while in Sioux Falls. To say I am extremely jealous would be an understatement.

I appreciate you taking the time to pop in here. I love talking about my favorite show and America's favorite pioneer.

No comments: