Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Currently Reading: Little House, Long Shadow by Anita Claire Fellman


I tossed around the idea of purchasing this book because it seems very controversial and not necessarily within my belief system of what the books are all about. The reviews have been diverse--some loving it, some not so much.

Little House, Long Shadow: Laura Ingalls Wilder's Impact on American Culture by Anita Clair Fellman looks at how Laura Ingalls Wilder and Rose Wilder Lane shaped the famous Little House books for their readers based upon what was going on in their world at the time. Having read only the first four chapters, I am reserving my thoughts until I've finished the book. It is obvious the author spent a great deal of time performing research to provide a well-rounded picture for her readers.

 Hardcover: 376 pages
Publisher: University of Missouri Press
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0826218032
ISBN-13: 978-0826218032

No comments: